Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Abstract Thinking


Or maybe better said, sometimes you just have to punt.

I came to Miami for Art Basel.
I scoured the catalogs and brochures.
I made detailed notes.
I planned day by day.
Then I started my day by visiting with a friend.
And then I blew off the list.

I love lists, but it just felt right to drop everything and visit the Miami I knew while I lived here.

I moved to Miami from New York in 1977 and left for Tampa in 1998. A lot of years to do a lot of things.

I worked here. I was educated here. I met and married my husband here. I helped raise my step-children here. Essentially, I grew up here. Not as in years, though, naturally that happened too, but in maturity. I owe much to Miami.

So, today I visited the places I where I had lived, where I worked, the colleges I attended, and some of the people I met along the way.

Bittersweet.  And wonderful.

Tomorrow will be a killer day catching up with all of the “should’s” from today.

But sometimes it is more important to LIVE life than it is to do the stuff we “should” do.

I’m glad I did.

I know the emotions that I experienced today will come out in my work.

I can’t wait to see what it will be.

If I am able, I will post some work that I have seen tomorrow night.

Until the next time, may all be well with you.
 
Image from Internet


No comments: