Friday, January 27, 2012

Do You Consider Yourself a Lucky Person?

If yes, why?

I understand some things are about luck, like say, winning the lottery. But if one hadn’t bought the ticket in the first place, then they never would have won. It took their effort, the buying of the ticket which enabled them to win.

So is it luck? Or applied effort?

My belief falls in the latter group.

Wise words from the drink coaster I use every day, “Luck is good planning carefully executed”

Yep, that’s what I believe.

Luck looks like luck to outsiders, but the one doing all the work to put themselves in the right spot at the right moment didn’t get there by chance. It was lots of prep work prior to the moment when the stars aligned in their favor.

Luck? Nah.

Tenacity, perseverance, and hard work, all wrapped up in one.

May you too have some luck come your way. And you know the kind of luck I’m talkin’ about.

Have a great weekend!

P.S. This isn't a plug for the lottery; I never buy tickets myself, so I shall never be in the running for that windfall.

4 comments:

Mary C said...

Louis Pasteur observed, "Chance favors the prepared mind." I would rather be "smart" than "lucky".

Kim Radatz said...

Excellent, Mary. Thanks for sharing.

MoonMaid Botanicals said...

I agree.......Luck is indeed applied effort......working towards something and being grateful when you get there.....that is LUCKY in my book!!!

Kim Radatz said...

A grateful heart is a indeed a good thing to have. Thanks, Cynthia.