Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cloth Paper Scissors Artisan Search 2011

Regarding my earlier post about the Cloth Paper Scissors Artisan Search for 2011. I won in my category. Amazing, I am blown away. And I almost didn’t submit my work.


From this I have learned:

· Always trust in yourself.
· Don’t worry about the outcome, just do it.
· Apply to as many shows/opportunities that you can, especially when there isn’t an application fees, as was the case with this call.


I have received a questionnaire from CPS that I am to fill out and send back. Very interesting things to think about. Maybe you’d like to ponder them too? I shall tease you with a few.

  1. Do you find inspiration from books? Which ones?
  2. Does the weather affect your art-making?
  3. Do you keep a sketch book?
  4. Do you have a favorite color palette?
  5. What’s your workspace like?
  6. Are you messy or neat?
  7. And the last one for today (I’ll share more at a later date.) Do you have a studio pet?

Yes, I do. And here is a photo of my assistants hard at work.


2 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

Congratulations, Kim!! That is awesome. Love that you're blogging more.

My three pups are always with me in the studio. They are like velcro and go with me from room to room. They're always glad for me to stay in once place so they can flop down and take a nap.

Love your kitty cats!

Kim Radatz said...

Thanks, Martha! I know what you mean about velcro. Hennessee is in my lap right now. She adopted me and Molly adopted John, we had no say in the matter. But Hen does allow Molly access to the studio. I love having studio assistants!

Hugs to your three.