Saturday, July 2, 2011

I Quit

Yep, I know I am supposed to persevere through all challenges as happiness comes at the end of great challenges. Right?

Well, sometimes.

And at other times things are just an uphill battle.

Which has been the case this past week with the new series I am working on.

So, today I shall follow my own advice from the Cloth Paper Scissors interview:

What do you do when a piece isn’t working out the way you want it to?

"Keep forging ahead. Making a piece requires and open dialog with the materials. It’s not just about me; I am a partner in this dance called art. I have to listen to what is working and if its not, adjust accordingly. If a piece continues to be a struggle I move on to another piece."

Which is exactly what I am doing today, moving on from this new series. I will return to it eventually but we need a break from each other right now.

Happily I already have a new piece started in my head. Time to get out the tools and bring it to fruition. I’ll keep you posted.

Until then, may you have a creative day!

No comments: