Friday, December 31, 2010

Deadline Done

Did it.

Got the work finished, photographed, and submitted to the show. Now I just wait to hear whether I was accepted or not. As I mentioned before, it’s always a crap shoot. And I do not take it personally. Whew, I’ve been rejected too many times to take it personally any more.

Sometimes the stars just aren’t lined up properly.

Or the juror had a bad day.

Or didn’t like my work.

Or……..

But it’s all okay. I like my work, and the path that I am on. And at the end of the day that is what matters most.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s fantastic to get positive reinforcement about my work in the form of sales or acceptance letters, but I don’t fret and stew over it. I just keep plodding along, trusting my instincts and knowing that in the end it all works out as it is supposed to.

And on that happy note, I shall bid farewell to each of you on this last day of 2010 and look forward to more conversations in 2011.

Have a happy and safe New Years Eve!


P.S.- All of the work evolved from when you saw them last.  Here is a look at some of the changes.

Patiently Waiting, Kim Radatz©

Patiently Waiting, detail, Kim Radatz©
Wishful Thinking, detail, Kim Radatz©
 
Measuring Up, detail, Kim Radatz©



No comments: