Thursday, February 17, 2011

Artists Helping Artists

I met with Alison Swann Ingram recently to discuss my participation in an upcoming show she and her business partner, Carl Johnson, are hosting at their business, Franklin Street Fine Woodwork. I first had the opportunity to work with Alison in 2007 at the Gala Corina show, iluminaciĆ³n, in South Tampa.

When we met this past Tuesday she told me what a life changing experience iluminaciĆ³n had been for her. As a board member of Gala Corina I was very pleased to hear that. It gave me chills when she retold her story to me. Makes the heart grow in size to see how things you have participated in help others along on their life path.

Now she is in a position to turn the table and give other emerging artists the same opportunity.

Artists helping artists. It’s a wonderful thing.

If you live in the Tampa Bay area, come on by Friday, March 11th from 5:00 to 10:00 to check out the art and share in some good times.  I am honored to be in this show and will hope to see you there!

1609 Artist Invitational at Franklin Street Fine Woodwork, 1609 North Franklin Street  in Tampa.

No comments: