Sunday, February 27, 2011

Show and Tell Sunday-Sitting Duck

Sometimes you feel like a duck. Sometimes you don’t.

Ever have those days (or weeks!) when it feels like you are a sitting duck for lots of negativity from the world? Yep, me too. Kinda sucky. Wears on you and brings you down. But I try to snap out of it immediately. No time for pity parties. Life is too good for wasting time on that.

In Jack Canfield’s The Success Principles, he talks about his mentor, W. Clement Stone being an inverse paranoid.

“Instead of believing the world was plotting to do him harm, he chose to believe the world was plotting to do him good. Instead of seeing every difficult or challenging event as a negative, he saw it for what it could be-something that was meant to enrich him, empower him, or advance his causes.”

Interesting concept. And one I shall work on.

Diligently thinking about that concept helped me this weekend. Instead of pity partying, I went into the studio and produced. I’m empowering myself. I’m glad I did.

Here is the piece I worked on, which isn’t complete, but I’ve got a good start at it.

Sitting Duck, vintage chair wrapped with skin
Kim Radatz

Sitting Duck, detail
Kim Radatz

Its part of a larger series I’m working on called, "Wrappings". Akin to the "Skin" series, but instead of taking it off, (our skin, so to speak), these are protective coverings. Wrapping our bodies and taking care.

I am sending good thoughts your way for wonderful days and weeks ahead. Wrap yourself up in them.

No comments: