Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Facing My Fears, Yet Again

Do one thing every day that scares you.
  -Eleanor Roosevelt     


I am a scardy cat. No doubt about it.

But I am trying to get better by facing my fears.

And not all of them are art related. Many, if not most, are just about regular ol’ life.

Like my fear of heights.

So, today in honor of my birthday I climbed the silo here at the farm. Made my heart go pitty-pat. But I did it, and I am glad. Not earth shattering in the whole scheme of things, but rewarding nonetheless.

Checkin’ that one off the bucket list as my gift to myself.

May your day be a wonderful one!

4 comments:

Judy Hayes said...

happy birthday!!!
You are brave!
That would scare me, too. I admire you for facing your fear and conquering it!

margaret said...

not exactly sky diving but pretty close!!happy birthday tooooo youuu how's that

Kim Radatz said...

Thanks, Judy!

Kim Radatz said...

Margaret,

Jumping out of a perfectly good plane is something I could NEVER do. This was close enough. :)

Thanks for the serenade!