Tuesday, March 29, 2011

More Targets to Shoot At. More Bullets to Fire.

Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines. There have been many deadlines as of late. More targets to shoot at. More bullets to fire.

Which is good, as they keep me moving forward. Most are easy-breezy applications. Fill in the blanks and send in your money. But, I am also applying for a residency. Minimum of 2 months. Which has this homebody a bit nervous.

Well, actually, I am afraid.

And yes, it is easy to say “face your fears,” but it is much harder to do so.

So, I have had some sleepless nights. And heart wrenching conversations.

Is this right for me?
Should I do it?
What if I am not selected?
What if I am selected?
Do I really want to do it?
Will it really be good for me?
And on and on.

In the end, the pros outweigh the cons. So I gotta do it.

Scary, indeed, but I’m just gonna ride it out and see where it takes me.

I’ll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments: