Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tattooed Bits of Skin

Like cast off tattooed bits of skin, these pieces tell the story long after the moment has passed.

This is an excerpt from my artist statement about the “Skins” series that I am currently working on.

Hmmm, interesting. Maybe I should look at real tattoos as inspiration? And what better place to do some tattoo viewing than at the Bike Week event in Daytona Beach? Road trip!

Me at the Cabbage Patch
Daytona Bike Week 2011
But the reality is (and I knew this before I went, it was just an excuse for some fun in the sun. :-D) is that this series isn’t about tattoos that come from a tattoo parlor; it is about the marks that life leaves on us. Scars scattered everywhere.

I won’t lie to you and say I love all of my scars (physical or emotional), but I know they are a part of life. Permanent reminders of where we have been. So I will happily accept them if it in any way indicates that I am living a full life.

On that happy note, I bid you farewell and hope that you have a great one!

4 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

Tattoos are a great analogy for everything that makes a lasting emotional impact on us, visible or invisible.

Kim Radatz said...

You are a wise woman, Martha!

MoonMaid Botanicals said...

You are a wise woman Sister!!!!

Kim Radatz said...

Cynth, Thank you. Sometimes I just feel old and skip the wise part! :-) But thanks again.